Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Savage Garden

I listen to a lot of music. I know that a lot of people say that they will listen to anything, and then start listing exceptions to that, but I'm not one of them. I love music, and will listen to anything I can get my hands on. I can't guarantee I'll like the song, or even the artist, but I'll give it a shot. When it comes to music, I like to be open minded, it's the only way to find the little hidden gems in the music world.

I've claimed a lot of favorites, as my list of some artists I like to be found on this page can tell you, but there are only a handful of artists that have an entire album that I truly love. I have four albums that I consider my favorite albums of all time. For me, these albums never get tiresome. I can always find a reason to listen to them.

For the record, those four albums are:
John Denver- Different Directions
Josh Groban- Closer
Savage Garden- Savage Garden
Savage Garden- Affirmation

That's right, Savage Garden holds two of the four places in my list of Albums I love. This is probably one of the best bands I've ever encountered. Though a lot of people have mocked them, this two man band that only produced two studio albums and a greatest hits CD with a few B sides is exceptional. I highly recommend that anyone who doesn't mind 90's music and it looking for a new band to explore should head out and grab their albums. They're worth at least giving a listen to.

About a year ago, Facebook had a note going around that was titled "My life according to_______________" and you were supposed to pick a band and use their song names to answer the questions listed. I wound up choosing Savage Garden, and had a lot of fun filling out the questionnaire. It's a lot of fun to try and do this with your favorite band, give it a shot.

Note: not all of the answers make sense, and I think that makes it a lot more fun.

Lisa

Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. You can't use the band I used. Try not to repeat a song title. It's a lot harder than you think! Re-post as "my life according to (band name)"

Pick your artist
Savage Garden

Are you a male or female?
Truly, Madly, Deeply


Describe yourself:
A Thousand Words

How do you feel:
Break me, Shake Me

Describe where you currently live:
Santa Monica

If you could go anywhere, where would you go:
To The Moon and Back


Your favorite form of transportation:
Crash and Burn

Your best friend is:
Promises

What's the weather like:
Violet

Favorite time of day:
You Can Still Be Free

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called:
Universe

What is life to you:
Chained To You

Your fear:
The Lover After Me

What is the best advice you have to give:
Hold Me

Thought for the Day:
Two Beds and a Coffee Machine

How you would like to die:
Gunning Down Romance

Your soul's present condition:
The Best Thing

Your Motto:
Carry On Dancing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iron Maiden

Are you a male or female?
Woman in uniform

Describe yourself:
Stranger in a strange land

How do you feel:
Running Free

Describe where you currently live:
22 Acatia Avenue

If you could go anywhere, where would you go:
Sea of Madness

Your favorite form of transportation:
Tailgunner

Your best friend is:
Gheghis Khan

What's the weather like:
Brighter than a Thousands Stars

Favorite time of day:
Two Minutes Til Midnight

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called:
Hallowed Be Thy Name

What is life to you:
Running Free

Your fear:
The Prowler

What is the best advice you have to give:
Run to the Hills

Thought for the Day:
Remember Tomorrow

How you would like to die:
Flash of the Blade

Your soul's present condition:
Purgatory

Your Motto:
Lightning Strikes Twice

-Mike