Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Einstein couldn't find his way home....

I take solace in knowing that even Einstein couldn't keep his address straight in his head. I say this because I did not take my student card out of my pocket at any point this morning.

That might seem like a bit of a random fact, and I would agree, had it not been for the fact that my student card left my pocket. Apparently it wanted to go out and explore the world, and it didn't so much as leave a note to tell me where it was going. When I calmed down after a mild freak out, I decided that perhaps before I put up the missing posters and called the people who put the pictures on the sides of milk cartons, I should check the most likely place on campus it might have landed.

The information desk where the lost and found for the entirety of campus seemed like a good call, so I went to ask there. By this time I had every intention of asking if they had seen my lost card, and if the answer was no, I would immediately ask the lovely lady behind the counter if she would cancel it. When I asked if she had seen the card she said she would check. My student card was hiding in a small black filing box with all the other lost little cards, and she was incredibly surprised by this.

She had been there all morning, and no one had handed in any student cards. At all. She was working the counter alone.

Weird.

Maybe the problem wasn't Einstein's scatterbrained mentality that led to him losing his way and getting turned around. Maybe his house just kept moving on him.

Food for thought. That's all I'm saying.

Lisa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite is keys and glasses, you loose them and the HOUR you get home from cutting a new set, or buying a new pair, they pop out of thin air, Practically hanging from a string just inside your front door.

I'm only glad I've never had a 40 Hour lab report, or 30 HW assignment pull that sort of stunt.

Also I think we would have a slightly different law of special relativity if houses really did move about, some thing about the speed of light being dependent on how crucial the situation is, or how fast it has to travel to arrive just 10 seconds too late.

Unknown said...

I can tell you, for a fact, that my socks have legs, are sentient, and like to screw with me.

One of these days I'll catch them in the act.