Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Cute Little Buggers.....


So, last summer's run in with a wild animal featured a raccoon (I don't care how much you laugh, those things are NOT supposed to come towards you) and this summer it was a........drum roll please.....SKUNK!! Yes indeed folks, I came face to face with a skunk while taking out the garbage last night. Luckily it was litterally face to face, but I backed up real fast anyway, lol.

I was taking the cans over to the designated pad, and there it was, just checking out what was available to it for dinner. As we were quite close, I got a good look at it, and to be honest, they're kind of cute. It had it's tail up, so I kept my distance, but he never turned around, so I was safe. This was about when a neighbor decided to warn me about the skunk, now that I was a few feet away, staring at it and thinking "awww.....isn't it adorable".

Like with all adorable animals, I started talking to it. Nothing to in depth, just "You're actually really cute. Chill out, i'm backing up. I'm staying over here, you do your thing over there, I'm just checking to see what you're up to. Okay, I'll back up again."

I headed back to the house to get the other can and Mom came out with another bag from the house, so I told her about it and we both headed over to gawk at the cute, furry little animal.
It eventually wandered off and we went back in the house, being very carefull not to let Denver out in the process. Usually taking the garbage out is time for him to run up and down the street a bit, so he was rather confused.

All in all it was fairly unevenfull, no one got sprayed, and I didn't get chased into a tent (They're supposed to stay AWAY from humans), but as I've never seen a skunk before, I thought it was really cool.

Lisa

No comments: